Do you feel you have been treated unfairly?
Has the loan owner refused to restructure your mortgage?
Are you paying interest rates significantly above bank rates?
Can you access fixed interest rates?
Do you want to restructure your loan based upon affordability?
Is your loan serviced by any of the following:
- Pepper Asset Management
- Mars Capital
- BCM Global, previously Capita
When you originally applied for the mortgage, was the loan one or more of the following:
- Interest Only for the entire term of the loan?
- Interest Only for a shorter period, converting at the lender’s discretion?
- Planned repayments go past retirement dates?
- Income verification – did they check you could afford the loan?
If any of the above is true, it is likely that you are being treated “Unfairly” under European Consumer Law:
- You are a victim of mis-selling.
- You originally borrowed from a lender that was active in the Irish Community; today your loan is beneficially owned by an unknown overseas investment fund, aka a Vulture Fund.
- The Vulture Fund has no vested interest in Ireland except to profit from distressed Irish family home loans.
- Your Debt Servicer does not have one Standard Variable Rate, as they serve many loan owners, all located overseas.
- Many banks’ documentation does not permit the “setting of Interest rates” to transfer to Vulture Funds.
- It’s probable that the IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS of your mortgage were not clearly communicated to you and the terms were NOT plain and transparent.
- It’s probable that your loan was mis-sold if your circumstances have not changed significantly and you have defaulted in the past.
What to do next?
- Please follow Steps 1 and 2 on the menu item “STRUGGLING WITH YOUR MORTGAGE” on this site.
We do not provide legal advice and we cannot guarantee that you win but we will fight to get you Fair Treatment under European Consumer Law.